Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1994 Lincoln cent with strong "Trails"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 Lincoln cent with strong "Trails"

This post is to test the compatability of this forum with photobucket.

The pictures, when previewed seem fine.
    Member of: ANA, CCC, CONECA, Fly-in-club, FUN, NLG & T.E.V.E.C.

I Like it!

Comment

BJ, I CAN ACTUALLY S THE TRAILS!
      DICK

Comment

I have to thank Mike Diamond for finding this die on E-bay and since it is new to my listings, it will be in the addendum to trail dies for 2007. However, since it is one of the niciest that I have ran across, here are some more pictures of it.

The key with "trails" is to think of them as a "wavy step" die, but in a different direction

BJ Neff

Comment

Wavy Steps or Lines

What is the die state for this particular variety.

Comment

I estimate it to be MDS to LMDS. When I first saw it, due to the intensity of the trail lines, I had thought EDS, however, the presence of flow lines near the rim changed my mind.

BJ Neff

Comment

NICE

NICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I was happy to funnel this one to BJ. I figure that he alone would stand a chance at understanding it. BJ's been very good about funneling some remarkable striking errors he's discovered on to me.
                Mike Diamond. Error coin writer and researcher.

Comment

Working...
                X