Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A 1973 LINCOLN WHAT IS IT ERROR ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A 1973 LINCOLN WHAT IS IT ERROR ?

I FOUND THIS 73 LINCOLN CENT AND IT LOOKS LIKE THE STEPS GO UP TO THE STATUE OF LINCOLN AND THAT HIS LEGS ARE DOUBLED. THE LINES OF THE STEPS ARE ON BOTH SIDES OF LINCOLN, AND AROUND HIS LEGS. IVE LOOKED AROUND, BUT I COULD NOT FIND ANYTHING LIKE THIS. HOPE YOU CAN HELP, AND LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR ANSWER,UNLESS YOU TELL ME ITS A DETERIORATED DIE OR SOMETHING TO THAT AFFECT.JUST KIDDING,I LOVE TO FIND COINS I DON'T KNOW ABOUT AND THEN LEARNING WHAT IT IS, HOW IT WAS DONE. THANK YOU VERY MUCH, BIGBEARDRIVER....
    Attached Files

I haven't seen one like it before, either. While it could be a wild, unlisted doubled die, the skeptic in me would fall back on a more prosaic hypothesis -- that these are accidental die scrapes. They seem to be too fine and too closely spaced to be a set of duplicated steps.
    Mike Diamond. Error coin writer and researcher.

Comment

thank you

I just wanted to say thanks for for your time and attribution of my coin, thank you, bigbeardriver....

Comment

You might want to show this image on the Coppercoins website, too.
        Mike Diamond. Error coin writer and researcher.

Comment

My first thought was that there were die scratches left by abrading the die to remove a die clash, which with the reverse die is quite common.

BJ Neff
          Member of: ANA, CCC, CONECA, Fly-in-club, FUN, NLG & T.E.V.E.C.

Comment

Working...
          X