Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is this gold quarter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is this gold quarter?

maybe this is somthing everybody knows about except me.it also weighs a little less than a silver state quarter.i do not know if my scale is balanced right but it is saying this gold quarter weighs 5.7 grams
    Attached Files

I see no gold color and the weight matches that of a normal clad quarter.
    Mike Diamond. Error coin writer and researcher.

Comment

trust me mr diamond it is gold toned ,but i will picture it in better light next to a regular quarter right now

Comment

Slight color variations on mint-state quarters do not indicate any difference in metallic composition. The causes of subtle color variations and gross discoloration are generally obscure, although a subset is caused by excessive heat or prolonged exposure to heat in the annealing oven.

Comment

`i know it is blurry but i will get better ones after dinner..but see it is gold and it aso seems just a tiny bit smaller
          Attached Files

Comment

and i am sorry i am so silly thinking anybody should trust anybody when it comes to money and the internet!

Comment

i HATE THE MORGAN MINT!!!!

I think I HATE THE MORGAN MINT!!!!!!

Comment

I have no idea what the "Morgan Mint" is. As to your comment regarding the quarter's diameter, unless you have a caliper, I wouldn't rely on naked eye judgements of size. I do see that it has a distinct golden color on the obverse at least. That could mean it's plated.

Comment

i just discovered a coin scam called the morgan mint that sells sets of plated coins on those stupid shopping channels to idiots and this is i am sure one of those. on the bright side ,i could have found their Betty boop commemorative!

Comment

Working...
                  X