Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1951-S Franklin half clashed dies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1951-S Franklin half clashed dies?

I submitted a few coins to be graded and imaged.
    The 1951-S did not get full bell attribution, but I ordered
    images of all coins. Anyways I was looking this one over
    and noticed a possible die clash in Franklin's mouth.
    Is it a clash?
    If so can it be attributed?
    Does it have added value?

The image is quite large but helps view it.

I also provided a link to another forum regarding the discussion.

http://forums.collectors.com/message...hreadid=651946

Thanks.

It could certainly be a clash, since the "Bugs Bunny" Franklin halves are clashed die errors and they occur in the same area. I'm not aware of any enhanced value attached to them.
    Mike Diamond. Error coin writer and researcher.

Comment

Thanks, for the quick reply. Is this something that can be mentioned on a third party grading slab?

Comment

I don't know if they would, even if you directed their attention to it. It's a pretty minor clash.
        Mike Diamond. Error coin writer and researcher.

Comment

Working...
        X