Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1998 Wide AM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 Wide AM?

I just found this in change. I see a listing in the back of vol. 2 of the CPG for 01-1998-901. Could this be it? I know I saw a thread or article on this coin somewhere. Would someone know where?
    Thanks, Bill
    Attached Files

That is definitely the wide AM or type II die. Variety Vista (CONECA) does show pictures of this die type and there have been more than a few discussions concerning this and the other two wide AM varieties (1999 and 2000) over in the Coppercoins' forum.

Nice find for pocket change!

BJ Neff
    Member of: ANA, CCC, CONECA, Fly-in-club, FUN, NLG & T.E.V.E.C.

Comment

Thanks B.J.
      Though I must admit that the change was thrown into a coffee can full of coins Ive been going thru the last week.
      Bill

Comment

1998 WIDE AM and 2000 WIDE AM

For those of you that might be interested, I just finished going thru a large coffee can of penny’s I have been putting my pocket change in the last 4 or 5 years. I found the 1998 Wide AM and a 2000 Wide AM plus the 1983 die chip. This can only had amount 25 wheats all of which were commons. Didn’t pay well by the hour, but sure was fun.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by billscoins; 04-27-2008, 08:27 AM. Reason: added 2000 wide AM reverse

Comment

Working...
        X