Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2008 oklahoma struck thru

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 oklahoma struck thru

I FOUND 12 OF THESE IN A BANK ROLL I THINK THEY ARE STRUCK THRU ERRORS BUT I'M JUST GUESSING THANKS FOR YOUR HELP
    Attached Files

I see no strike-through. What you've got is the orange peel texture of a worn die.
    Mike Diamond. Error coin writer and researcher.

Comment

SOUNDS STRANGE WORM DIE HOW OR WHERE DO I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THESE ERROR

Comment

Speaking of struck through a foreign object, here is a 2005 Lincoln cent with an embedded partial piece of scrape copper that has been struck into the coin.

BJ Neff
        Member of: ANA, CCC, CONECA, Fly-in-club, FUN, NLG & T.E.V.E.C.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeg3 View Post
          SOUNDS STRANGE WORM DIE HOW OR WHERE DO I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THESE ERROR
          This is very common. It's not even an error. Near the end of its working life any die would begin to look like this.
          Mike Diamond. Error coin writer and researcher.

Comment

Working...
          X