Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DDR Type B?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDR Type B?

This is a 1963 Type B. Have I also found a DDR Type B?
    Attached Files

While it does look like a type B reverse, I am not to sure where you see the doubling.

BJ Neff
    Member of: ANA, CCC, CONECA, Fly-in-club, FUN, NLG & T.E.V.E.C.

Comment

Lets see if these images show up better.....There is pretty strong doubling in all the lettering, that to my untrained eye does not appear to be from loose dies. The flow does not look right for a double strike, esp. on the ST and A.

the last image, although pixelated badly, does show the offset at the upper east of the T

Thanx for looking,
      Craig
      Attached Files
      Last edited by eyesore; 06-23-2008, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Here is another TH point of interest being the north inside of D and O....

definitly a Type B and not a proof strike. For the last month I've been the only one selling UNC 1964 Type "b" Rev on the bay, and several buyers have been repeat customers.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by eyesore; 06-23-2008, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Hi Craig - It appears tp be a classic case of machine doubling.

BJ Neff
          Member of: ANA, CCC, CONECA, Fly-in-club, FUN, NLG & T.E.V.E.C.

Comment

Working...
          X