Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2005 D 1c DDO Ear tie motto tripled G others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 D 1c DDO Ear tie motto tripled G others

Hi all,

Unsure of the other doublings.

J
    Attached Files

the G's are the closest thing i've seen from you so far that looks like it is posiible to be doubled but having been tricked a couple of times i would lean more towards the die wearing out and it being metal flow
    Jimmy Ehrhart
    previous member of CONECA and C.F.C.C.

Comment

Hi 3cnicker,

Your comment is a whammy!!!!! Not sure why your antagonistic of me!!!
      As if I'm tricking the forum readers of what(????) and for what(????).
      Came back here with intentions to seek CONECa's advisors of their expertise. since I have accumulated several interestings coins. Actuially, have recruited 2 more young retiriees for this enthisiastic hobby. Have actually spent a lot of $$$ racing with time among our young retiree goups of who canaccumulate specific types of errors/varieties in certain time periods.

I'm behind because theya have real numesmatist consultants.

I can give you all the coins I have in the threads for free! Just let me know and I'll mail them to you nesxt day deliverry!!!

J

Comment

J, I do not see 3cnicker as being antagonistic; he is just telling you what he sees.

This is a forum where everyone's opinion is listened to, with patienence and understanding, which I think that you failed to do with your post to 3cnicker.

As to the pictures posted in this thread, once again, if there is any doubling, it is way to minor to be of any consequence.

BJ Neff
        Member of: ANA, CCC, CONECA, Fly-in-club, FUN, NLG & T.E.V.E.C.

Comment

i actually thought i was being rather nice for me. i was trying to give you some actual positive feedback. you take good enough pictures, i don't need your coins but if you really want me to look at them you can pm me for address. the reason for my last post was because you will put all these arrows at what you see is this or that, sometimes it will point to what looks like a discoloration or of the normal design element. i've offered you to send you real verified trails/wavysteps so you can see in person what it is to look for but you havent taken me up on that offer. that doesn't sound antagonising to me. i am glad to hear you have other people around you getting into coins. from your last post i couldn't quite tell if you were saying that some have numismatic backed knowledge or they knew people but a joining of minds may be the key to the expansion of knowledge
          Jimmy Ehrhart

Comment

Hi 3cnicker, Mr. Diamond, BJ, Bob, et al;

We (note, we), really would like to recall that e-mail. And would like to apologize.

Novicetoerr is actually 3-hard-headed early retirees who wants to continuously bond together (after our 20+ years togetherness in work). And found this hobby the perfect way (and excuse for our wives).

This forum is the MOST professional (backed by real experts) we have seen (other coin forums, auto forums, other forum types). We have each big stacks of coins and if one finds (where all 3 of us agree) to be unusual, then we send for comments and accuracy advice. Sometimes one of us will keep pushing when one thought was a good find, but received back a negative comment. That, we ask you to bear with us.

Novicetoerr would like to request further(though we see these in most your experts feedback), if you won't mind, that when we misidentify our highlighted items, please always provide what you think they really are.
            So we know we'll ignore the next time around.

3cnicker, we'll send J's address to you right after this and really appreciate
            the effort to assist us for further understanding.

Comment

Hi 3cnicker, Mr. Diamond, BJ, Bob, et al;

We (note, we), really would like to recall that e-mail. And would like to apologize.

Novicetoerr is actually 3-hard-headed early retirees who wants to continuously bond together (after our 20+ years togetherness in work). And found this hobby the perfect way (and excuse for our wives).

This forum is the MOST professional (backed by real experts) we have seen (other coin forums, auto forums, other forum types). We have each big stacks of coins and if one finds (where all 3 of us agree) to be unusual, then we send for comments and accuracy advice. Sometimes one of us will keep pushing when one thought was a good find, but received back a negative comment. That, we ask you to bear with us.

Novicetoerr would like to request further(though we see these in most your experts feedback), if you won't mind, that when we misidentify our highlighted items, please always provide what you think they really are.
              So we know we'll ignore the next time around.

3cnicker, we'll send J's address to you right after this and really appreciate
              the effort to assist us for further understanding.

Again, please bear with us for our hard-headedness that all 3 of us agree to
              supress.

Many thanks again for your professionalism!!!!
              We 3 of us-Novicetoerr

Comment

hey i recieved your pm and they will be sent out tomorrow. i'm glad to help. the more known about this field always helps the hobby (if you will). i can be abrasive at times, but you are right these guys are the most professional around, with the exeption of ...well me. with the trails i will also send some examples of machine doubling and hopefully some double dies ( i don't have many and have to determine which ones i'd let go). i like to learn and teach and learn some more. the only other thing i could suggest is to find some local coin clubs and join one, go to the meetings and hopefully some will be there who are into varieties and errors. many dealers i've met could care less unless they are a major one widely known so they know they can sell them easily. many clubs can have there fill of these types of people. i know the trails at least will help you on your way with that quest. anything else i can do let me know
                Jimmy Ehrhart

Comment

Hi 3cnicker,

"Sincerely" appreciate your intent and help to beginners like us.

NVT(NoviceToErr)

Comment

Working...
                  X