Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2006-P NEVAD State QTR DDR Doubled Horse's Hind leg????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006-P NEVAD State QTR DDR Doubled Horse's Hind leg????

Hello ALL again,

Have attached 2 photos. Need your help in verification (and correction if mis-ID'ed).

Thanks,
    NVTE

2006-P NEVADA State QTR DDR Doubled Horse's Hind leg????

Forgot to attached.
    Attached Files

Comment

it looks to me like a die chip or die break
      Jimmy Ehrhart
      previous member of CONECA and C.F.C.C.

Comment

what happens is a little piece of the die surface chips off leaving a void which is filled by the metal on the coin. whereas the die has a negative relief and the metal filling it creates a "bump". if someone else could clarify better, this is just the way i could explain it for J
        Jimmy Ehrhart
        previous member of CONECA and C.F.C.C.

Comment

You explained it just fine. A die chip.
          Mike Diamond. Error coin writer and researcher.

Comment

With poorest eyesight among us, that big chunk was an easy find.
            Thought I will be savoring the experts' confirmation this morning.
            Instead, I'll join the other one digging on my mounds of coins today.

Not much frustration though, since that was our initial assessment.

Thanks again. Bye for now but will be swiftly back with, hopefully, a real one.
            NVTEs.

Comment

Working...
            X