Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A newbi with some varieties....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A newbi with some varieties....

Hi,

I have some recently found varieties and cant seem to find any info or pics on them.

Here is a list of what I found,
    1: 1964 Proof Accented hair half, with cameo and a DDO & a QDR.
    2: 1964 MS half DDO
    3: 1964 MS half DDR
    4:1964 Proof Washington TDO & a DDR
    5: 1963 Proof Jefferson DDO
    6: 1964 Proof Jefferson DDR

Anyone have some pics or any info on these varieties?

Thanks.

Well I finally found some of my reference books.

My first coin I found turned out to be A 1964 Proof Accented Hair UVC-24, DMR-24, DDO-019/DDR-002

"Description(obv): Silver proof. Medium spread on date and Y of LIberty with a light spread on L of Liberty and IN GOD WE TRUST.

Description(rev): Light triple spread on stars CW from K-9 to K-10, HALF DOLLAR, and both dots."

From the pictues of the obverse, mine looks to have more dramati doubling on IN GOD WE TRUST , possibly a EDS example, in the book they dont have one confirmed, just a Stage B, or MDS, and a Stage C......

Anyone have any idea on rarity or value?

Comment

Copperfan…I have always had trouble with the 50c 64PR DDO-019 and the DDR-002 because they have very similar PUP to what comes from the master die. Attached are some photos of the DDO-019/DDR-002 and the MDO-001 and MDR-001. The Stage C (reverse die changed) has MDR-001.

Larry Nienaber
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X