Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another new seeker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another new seeker

Hello all,

I'm enjoying the information on your site.

The thread on Microscopes was a good read. I've also been eating up all the pics of your finds. This is just plain obsessive, well, for me anyways.

I've been searching Lincoln cents for 8 months. I just found a beat up 1984 Dbld ear.

Some of my other finds:

1971 DDO, sweet IGWT

2000 wide AM

2001 DDR fingers (Rotated remnants) on the L-Side of the 7th Clmn

1989 a slash between the "R" and "U" in "Trust". Like a " \ ", that the right, bottom end hits the "U", at the point of transition between the vertical and the curved base???

The other day I found an 2008 penny, with Xtra (maybe just a blob) on the Top Right Head, of column #1. For now it's only 14X magnification and no way to post a pic.

So, I'll keep you posted as I find more stuff.

Happy hunting.

Scott

Glad to have you here! Those are some pretty nice and interesting finds in only 8 months of searching. Continued good luck, and once again...welcome!
    Bob Piazza
    Lincoln Cent Attributer

Comment

Scott...would like to see a photo of the IGWT on your 71 DDO find.

Larry Nienaber

Comment

Hey Bob & Larry,

Thanks for the welcome.

I'll describe the 71 DDO. She's doubled across all the "In God We Trust" lettering. The R & U in trust are the best looking. All the doubling is vertically centered up the lettering, no strike doubling here. Even with the crud on "BER" the B & R stand out as doubled. Looks like the date did not get doubled though.

I recently fished a 1947-D Dime out of the Coinstar at Stop & Shop. I now check that darn thing every time.

Also pulled a 2004 Iowa outta my pocket change this week. Has the tiny doubling over the 1st roof on the Left wall. Also has the Xtra chunk on the Front Left Window.

I have to make a run for more penny's, just ran out. I can feel the "shakes" coming on.

Happy hunting.

Scott

Comment

Working...
        X