Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1986 D & P 1c anomalies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1986 D & P 1c anomalies

Hello ALL and good morning!

(Bob, thank you for advice. Will heed. Just hard to avoid being an aging knuckelhead.)

Told NVTEs1&2 I'm back (with a vengeance to the other 2 knuckelheads NVTEs) hopefully with a good cent.

Thank you again!
    NVTEs
    Attached Files

The first coin is starting to show the affects of die deterioration doubling.

The second coin, although it does show doubling, is not a doubled die. If I would hazard a guess, I would say it is ejection arm doubling.

BJ Neff
    Member of: ANA, CCC, CONECA, Fly-in-club, FUN, NLG & T.E.V.E.C.

Comment

I have to add that the 1986D possible DDR pictures are very well done. In this case, the doubling will drive some 'experts' absolutely bonkers. This coin is probably worth having someone take a look at it.
      Last edited by mustbebob; 09-02-2008, 09:01 PM.
      Bob Piazza
      Lincoln Cent Attributer

Comment

Hello BJ and Bob, and thank you!!!!!

Wow, this is good welcome tonight. We will include these 2 coins for Coneca attribution thatwe prepare. Forgot to mention both also showed sort of separation in the '1986' digits.

(NVTE2 is taking pictures of his finds trying to catch up with us because of our potential finds.)

Thank you.
        NVTEs

Comment

Working...
        X