Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Type B Washington Quarter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Type B Washington Quarter

I am interested in collecting Type B Washington Quarters and have several at this time. I have a dealer trying to sell me a couple of what he claims are Type B Reverses minted in 1952 and 1955. In my limited experience, it was my understanding that this reverse was found on business strikes from 1956 -1964 and proof strikes from 1937 - 1964. Is my thinking wrong? Has this dealer come up with some rare coins or maybe they are proof coins that have been in circulation for a long period of time as they are probably in the class of VF at the very best. Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Bob Barnard

Hi Bob - Your dates are correct, however, there is a slim possibility that these may be valid coins. They could be a type "B" that has yet to be found. If they have all the indications that they are a type "B", then yes it is possible.

BJ Neff
    Member of: ANA, CCC, CONECA, Fly-in-club, FUN, NLG & T.E.V.E.C.

Comment

BJ...thanks for your response concerning the quarter reverses. I think if I can get the coins for a reasonable price it would be worth taking a chance on them. The coins do have the spacing between the ES in states. Thanks again.
      Bob Barnard

Comment

If both coins are circulated, the 52 and the 55 that is, be sure you are not paying for circulated proofs by having the coins examined by an expert! These circulated proofs are KNOWN to exist.
        Lee Lydston

Comment

I've decided to pass on either of the coins. Two reasons: PRICE and DOUBT!!
          coinrookie

Comment

Working...
          X