Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could this be an RPM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could this be an RPM?

This is from a 68S proof Kennedy Half Dollar...are there any opinions whether or not this could be an RPM?

Thank You,
    Larry Nienaber
    Attached Files

I would classify it as an RPM for there is a split (notched) serif on the top of the S.

BJ Neff
    Member of: ANA, CCC, CONECA, Fly-in-club, FUN, NLG & T.E.V.E.C.

Comment

Thanks, BJ...what do think would be the chances of James listing it?

Larry Nienaber

Comment

Larry - I am not to sure, however, I do believe it is worth a try. Send him the pictures and see what he says.

BJ Neff
        Member of: ANA, CCC, CONECA, Fly-in-club, FUN, NLG & T.E.V.E.C.

Comment

I don;t think it's an RPM looks like a filled s, an some what common on modern proof coins.

Jazzcoins Joe

Comment

Jazzcoins joe…obviously this is some kind of filled S not part of a re-punched mint mark …what about the notching north?

Larry Nienaber

Comment

Originally posted by atrox001 View Post
              Jazzcoins joe…obviously this is some kind of filled S not part of a re-punched mint mark …what about the notching north?

Larry Nienaber
              I have alot of these filled s mintmarks on my proof sets and it looks just like this one. As far as the notching i really don;t make it out, and this is just my opinion.

Jazzcoins joe: have a good day

Comment

I view this as an RPM....not just a filled mintmark. There is clearly a split and slight shift on the top of the S. As far as whether or not it is listable, As BJ said, James Wiles would make the determination of if it's too minor or mot.
                Bob Piazza
                Lincoln Cent Attributer

Comment

Working...
                X