Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1924 doubled die

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1924 doubled die

I'm thinking this is the one listed as 1924 DDR die-1. Not sure that the existing ones were in good enough shape so no good markers may exist. What do you think, die-1?

It shows best on the east wheat stem and east edge of the wheat outline is huge (compared to inside edge), the west stem is bigger than normal but not as wide as the east. The class 6 shows on EPU and even as rounded notches on the bottom of the letters america which shows on the last A in the pics below:

I can not say if it is die # 1, however, it is a Class VI doubled die, that is for sure. Very nice find on an MS coin. If I may suggest, it would be great if you contact James Wiles concerning this coin. Our files indicate that the only specimen looked at was VF. I would also think that Bob Piazza of Coppercoins would like to take pictures of this coin for the one on that site is in rather poor condition. Thanks.

BJ Neff
    Last edited by wavysteps; 09-27-2008, 05:18 PM.
    Member of: ANA, CCC, CONECA, Fly-in-club, FUN, NLG & T.E.V.E.C.

Comment

Thanks BJ

Comment

Ed:
        I would very much like to examine this coin for attribution and photos. I am currenlty working on the first volume of our new Lincoln Cent Doubled Die Ebook. Please email me for the details.
        CONECA 20th Century Die Variety Attributer

Comment

Hi James, I'll send you an email.

Comment

Working...
          X