Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1939 DDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1939 DDR

Sort of nice but mottled

Shows on e pluribus but not much on unum:

The wheat stocks are wide and letters show it too:

It matches 1DR-004 that's listed on coppercoins. It has the crack over VDB then east of that a crack along the lower edge of the bust.

I see Coneca lists a bunch of similar ones but I'm not sure which matches it.
    Last edited by Ed varietyhunter; 10-09-2008, 05:54 AM.

Ed, There are so many 1939 class 6 DDRs. I have 12 different dies that I still need to go through and get listed on coppercoins. Where I can cross reference to a CONECA number, it is listed. This coin I do not believe is listed on the CONECA site. You may want to see if James Wiles will attribute it for you.
    Bob Piazza
    Lincoln Cent Attributer

Comment

Hi Bob,

Yes, I'll probably get it to James next time I send stuff.
      It just missed since I just sent him a few.

Just added a few pics to show why I think it does match your pics of 1DR-004, it has the crack over VDB and similar lines under the chin. LOL I'm never 100% sure since markers like the VDB crack are on so many coins from that era.

While getting those pics I noticed the T has nice doubling too, the more I looked at this one the more I see

Comment

Based on your marker photos, I would say you attributed it correctly. Very nice work.
        Bob Piazza
        Lincoln Cent Attributer

Comment

ED:
          I don't believe this one is listed in the CONECA files. I would love to add it. Please email me for details.
          CONECA 20th Century Die Variety Attributer

Comment

Working...
          X