Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1907 Panama Double Die

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1907 Panama Double Die

I may be in the wrong forum for this but i was wondering about this 1907 1/2 Centesimo..I don't deal with foreign coins but i got this today.Does anyone know about these coins and it it common for this error and is there any value to this coin..Thanks

19072.jpg

19073.jpg

I am not to sure how common doubled dies are for this country during that time period, however, any doubled die that shows such an excellent spread is always appreciated.

By the way, it is the correct place to post such a find.

BJ Neff
    Member of: ANA, CCC, CONECA, Fly-in-club, FUN, NLG & T.E.V.E.C.

Comment

That is a nice doubled die! I've seen that one on eBay a couple of times - but not having good photos, I was unwilling to shell out too much for it. After seeing your photos - I may dig a little deeper and try to win one.

Foreign doubled dies do have value and I find them very interesting. But 'monster' doubled dies such as this appear to be more common in foreign coinage and the collector base for foreign die varietes is smaller. So although they do have value - it is not nearly the same scale as nice die varieties in U.S. coinage. The positive side of this is that you can put together a really impressive collection for very little 'coin'. I've cherry-picked a few nice DDs for next to nothing -- and I've paid from $2 to as much as $40 for a nice foreign DD or error coin.

There is an example of the 1907 Panama DD one on eBay right now at a fixed price of $150. I think that is too high. They may get this amount for it, but not from my wallet.

Comment

Many of these 1907 "Panama pills" show doubled dies. It's hard to find one that doesn't. This is a nice one.
        Mike Diamond. Error coin writer and researcher.

Comment

Working...
        X