Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2008 N.M. Double Earlobe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 N.M. Double Earlobe?

This is one coin and the second pic is also a 2008 N.M. which I think is DDR, but doesn't have doubling on the earlobe. The one that looks like a double earlobe does not have the DDR if that is what itis?
    Thanks, Tery

I am confident that the New Mexico is a DDR; it matches the pictures on Variety Vista. However, I am not to sure about the DDO. There is doubling on the ear lobe but it appears to be machine doubling, however, it also appears to another type of doubling that could be a DDO as well.

Tery, if you will, check the Variety Vista site and see if any of the die markers match the DDO. That will give you a more definite answer than I can from your pictures.

BJ Neff
    Member of: ANA, CCC, CONECA, Fly-in-club, FUN, NLG & T.E.V.E.C.

Comment

Hi Wavy! I tried to get better photographs. I can see light N/S die scratches, but they didn't photograph well. As you know I'm a novice, but finally found the DDR instead of maxi! Is this something that should be sent and confirmed for attribution, just in case I did want to (need to) sell it 1 day? If so I would value your recommendation. Happy Holidays!
      Tery

Comment

Hi Tery - The New Mexico DDR does not need to be confirmed, it is the one; 2008P (NM), 25 c, DDR-001.

Okay, your lastest pictures look like there has been a hit to the ear lobe making it appear to be a doubled die. However, I do not think it is.

Since you do not live that far away from Orlando, any question that you have concerning any coin can be answer more readily at the FUN show. I will have my scope and camera there and I can do a first hand examination of any coin that you have. Hope to see you there.

BJ Neff
        Member of: ANA, CCC, CONECA, Fly-in-club, FUN, NLG & T.E.V.E.C.

Comment

Working...
        X