Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1998 Linconln DDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 Linconln DDR

This 1998 Linconln Cent looks like the 1998 D Lincoln Cent DDR on Coppercoins.com but it says that only Denver mint ones have been found. The poss. doubling is on the columns. Thanks for the help.
    Attached Files

I am the one who added the 1998D and 1999D coins with this anomaly to the coppercoins site over 3 years ago. As of the time those dies was added, the anomaly was only found on 1998D and 1999D mint coins. Your coins proves that it is also on P mint coins. As the die description states, this may actually be master die doubling, or some other anomaly I am presently unfamiliar with.
    Bob Piazza
    Lincoln Cent Attributer

Comment

Is this something I should have slabbed and is this the 1st P mint found.

Comment

If you are thinking of having it encapsulated, the first step is to find out what it is.

As Bob Piazza pointed out, this doubling has been seen on Denver minted LCMs and has been listed in Coppercoins. I am not to sure if James Wiles has seen examples of this doubling or if it is listed in the CONECA files or then again in the Wexler files.

With that in mind, you should have the die attributed. After that is accomplished and with the results in hand, then if you do desire, have it encapsulated.

BJ Neff
        Member of: ANA, CCC, CONECA, Fly-in-club, FUN, NLG & T.E.V.E.C.

Comment

Who would I send it to, to see what it is and have it attributed if it is something.Thanks for the help.
          Edward M.

Comment

Hi Edward - James Wiles for CONECA, Bob Piazza for Coppercoins and John Wexler for NCADD.

BJ Neff
            Member of: ANA, CCC, CONECA, Fly-in-club, FUN, NLG & T.E.V.E.C.

Comment

Working...
            X