Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1994 cent reverse doubled lincoln new variety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 cent reverse doubled lincoln new variety

Here's a 1994 lincoln cent I believe is a new variety. The coin exhibits a doubled image of lincoln on the reverse in the building. I have never come across any others like this. The doubling is strong and visible with the naked eye. I have researched several areas on the internet, and there is no known varierty listings for this partcular doubling. There are other varieties but not this one . I would like to know if this is a new variety . Thank you so very much
    Jazzcoins Joe
    Attached Files

Your closeup is too pixelated to base a secure judgement on. My tentative conclusion based on the images presented thus far is that you have a stain that you've misinterpreted as an extra image of Lincoln.
    Mike Diamond. Error coin writer and researcher.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond View Post
      Your closeup is too pixelated to base a secure judgement on. My tentative conclusion based on the images presented thus far is that you have a stain that you've misinterpreted as an extra image of Lincoln.
      I have outlined the images in red Mike. I do see a stain but the doubled images is as clear as day please take another look or zoom in to view.

Thank you so very much Mike
      Jazzcoins Joe
      Attached Files
      Last edited by jazzcoins; 12-22-2008, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Sorry, I see nothing. You image is far too pixelated.
        Mike Diamond. Error coin writer and researcher.

Comment

Working...
        X