Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2007-D Offset DDO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007-D Offset DDO?

Hello ALL,

Is this a DDO?

Thank you,
    NVTE's
    Attached Files

It's hard for me to detect any doubling in your photos. What little I can see is consistent with machine doubling.
    Mike Diamond. Error coin writer and researcher.

Comment

During the hubbing process, there are small, insignificant micro shifts between the hub and die face resulting in small, insignificant doublings; the MINT has confirmed this fact.

With the advent of just about everyone having a microscope to analysis the coins found, these small, insignificant doublings seem to intensified under added magnification that we are now use to having.

As I have stated before, every coin that was multiply hubbed (pre single squeeze) is a doubled die; there is just no denying this fact. It is the degree of separation between the two hubbing impressions that makes it listable or not.

So, in all actuality, it comes down to what is listable and what is not. Every attributer that I know, has his or her own standards. Some are liberal in what they call a doubled die, some are quite stringent, however, all are above calling what you are referring to as doublings, a doubled die. These small doublings are just to insignificant and to common to worry about.

I would suggest to search more and choose the more obviious anoamlies to analysis than to concentrate on these insignificant, common occurances that you have posted.

BJ Neff
      Member of: ANA, CCC, CONECA, Fly-in-club, FUN, NLG & T.E.V.E.C.

Comment

Thanks all.

Have now answer to our discussion last night.

NVTE's

Comment

Working...
        X