Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2008D and 2008P Lincoln Cent Doubled Ears???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008D and 2008P Lincoln Cent Doubled Ears???

Hello ALL,

You comments will be great additional knowledge for us on this type of doublings seen on the ears.

Thanks,
    NVTEs
    Attached Files

Sorry, what your pointing out is a stain from moisture. Maybe I'm just not seeing what you are.

Lestrrr

Comment

I have to say i think you are seeing things that is the normal crease of the ear Here's your coin2008 ear and here's a 1997 doubled ear make the comparison.

Jazz
      Attached Files
      Last edited by jazzcoins; 01-11-2009, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Just a normal ear on a normal Linclon cent.

BJ Neff
        Member of: ANA, CCC, CONECA, Fly-in-club, FUN, NLG & T.E.V.E.C.

Comment

Thank You ALL again.

Have attached photos of some 2008D/P with normal ear creases.
          What could have possibly caused the more pronounced creases on the
          2 coins we've posted?

Thank you again,
          NVTEs
          Attached Files

Comment

I don't really see the difference but because you have them in hand, you may see a difference. An explanation for this may be that one is a stronger strike than another, a stronger strike will show more detail than a weak strike.
            Jimmy Ehrhart
            previous member of CONECA and C.F.C.C.

Comment

Hello again 3cNicker and happy New Year!

Thanks. Most logically, your mentioned stronger strike is the cause.

NVTEs

Comment

Working...
              X