Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1987-D DDO and DDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1987-D DDO and DDR

Hello ALL again,

Have not seen similar doubling listed yet (or we may have missed).

Thanks ALL again!
    NVTEs

Forgot attachment...NVTEs
    Attached Files

Comment

That's a very interesting specimen i would say there's doubling on the date and the reverse of the coin. I don't really see any indications of DDD or MD on the coin There;s notching and seperation also ,but i'm not going to make a conclusion as of yet a posiible obverse and reverse DD

Jazzcoins Joe

Comment

The M and the E of AMERICA show what appears to be furrowing, but since the letters are not thickened, I doubt this is a doubled die. As best as I can tell, the letters of CENT show machine doubling. I see no doubling anywhere else.
        Mike Diamond. Error coin writer and researcher.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Can't ejection doubling sometimes leave furrows and notches?

Lestrrr

Comment

Originally posted by diamond View Post
            The M and the E of AMERICA show what appears to be furrowing, but since the letters are not thickened, I doubt this is a doubled die. As best as I can tell, the letters of CENT show machine doubling. I see no doubling anywhere else.
            Hi Mile here;s a better picture of the date ,I go along with you it just doesn't seem like the correct seperation for a doubled die the seperation between letters are very thin , take a look at the date it also looks like the rest of the doubling through out the coin.

Jazz
            Attached Files
            Last edited by jazzcoins; 01-11-2009, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fugnchill View Post
              Hi Everyone,

Can't ejection doubling sometimes leave furrows and notches?

Lestrrr
              Not to my knowledge.
              Mike Diamond. Error coin writer and researcher.

Comment

I have seen this form of anomaly on quite a few Lincoln cents; it seems that the middle of the letter has collapsed leaving one to believe that it is a division line. However, the extra thickness that would accompany this division line to make it a doubled is just not there.

BJ Neff
                Member of: ANA, CCC, CONECA, Fly-in-club, FUN, NLG & T.E.V.E.C.

Comment

Thank you all again. Will remember that separation lines need to be accompanied by thickening to potentially be a DD.

NVTEs

Comment

Working...
                  X