Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2001P Cent DDR??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001P Cent DDR??

Not sure if I am seeing things or if might be another variety of the 2001P Doubled Die variety of column 7. I say this because I don't see any of the die markers for the 2006P-1DR-006 MDS listed on coppercoins. As always any and all opinions are greatly appreciated and looked forward to, to further my knowledge of this to me complex aspect of collecting
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Digenes; 01-11-2009, 05:19 PM. Reason: To add sentece after column 7

Hi Digenes - First, "yes" it is a DDR known as a double column. However, the reason that you might not see it on Coppercoins is that it may be a bit to minor. Still though, you know what to look for.

BJ Neff
    Member of: ANA, CCC, CONECA, Fly-in-club, FUN, NLG & T.E.V.E.C.

Comment

Yes indeed a very minor doubled die That's why there's no listing for it not worth the bother premium is nothing still a good piece to keep for refererance and a good learning tool.

Jazzcoins Joe

Comment

I agree Jazzcoins. It may not have a premium, but being my first actual doubled die, it has more sentimental value then anything else.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Digenes View Post
          I agree Jazzcoins. It may not have a premium, but being my first actual doubled die, it has more sentimental value then anything else.

Dave
          Congrats on your first doubled die find Digenes. I told you to believe me I said eventually you will find one.Keep searching

Jazz
          Last edited by jazzcoins; 01-11-2009, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X