Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2008-D New mexico QTR DDR, too???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008-D New mexico QTR DDR, too???

Hello ALL,

Have attached potential NM DDR, too?

Thank you ALL,
    NVTEs

Have made posting error..

See attached correct photo,
    NVTEs
    Attached Files

Comment

I am not to sure what is going on with the word Mexico, something does not seem right. I would need better, single pictures of the letters.

BJ Neff
      Member of: ANA, CCC, CONECA, Fly-in-club, FUN, NLG & T.E.V.E.C.

Comment

Sorry for this late respoinse. Can't get better resolution than the attached.

NVTEs
        Attached Files

Comment

There does appear to be a split serif on the E. I don't know if that single feature is enough to declare it a doubled die.
          Mike Diamond. Error coin writer and researcher.

Comment

I have to say that's a doubled die there are enough indications of notching and raised images on the letters to determine this ,The E ,the C ,the O is enough evidence to me

The two on the date the second image is raised look at the top portion of the two ,and the notching at the right lower area of the two.Look at the direction of the shift the seperation on that two ,different type of die doubling to me one squeeze effect who knows what could come out of this new method of stricking I think this is a new variety ,great another doubled die on a state hood quarter.
            Jazzcoins Joe
            Attached Files
            Last edited by jazzcoins; 01-14-2009, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Thank you ALL,

Would you recommend sending for attribution (together with the 2008-D
              Lincoln Cent DDR we earlier posted)?

Have e-malied Dr. Wiles on the 2008-D Cent if we could send via CONECA's attribution process and waiting for OK to send.

Thanks ALL!
              NVTEs

Comment

Originally posted by Novicetoerr View Post
                Thank you ALL,

Would you recommend sending for attribution (together with the 2008-D
                Lincoln Cent DDR we earlier posted)?

Have e-malied Dr. Wiles on the 2008-D Cent if we could send via CONECA's attribution process and waiting for OK to send.

Thanks ALL!
                NVTEs
                Well first see what Mike diamond says about the quarter,and if they think you should send it in .

I certainly would if it was me ,Grade and slab both coins ,and put them away they may be worth a substaintial amount of bucks one day and they both look like significant doubled dies.

jazzcoins joe
                Last edited by jazzcoins; 01-14-2009, 12:23 PM.

Comment

OK...NVTEs

Comment

Working...
                  X