Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Help on this possible 2002P DDR cent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help on this possible 2002P DDR cent

Can not quite figure this one out. Under a 17x loop I can't decide if it is a DDR or a die chip. The coin in question has some corrosion so it is making it harder for me to tell. The doubling on column 7 if that is what it is, is not located any where near where the column 7 doubling that CC shows which makes me skeptical. Any and all comments on this coin would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Dave
    Attached Files

I would say it appears to be dirt or oxidations spots since the coin has a significant amount in those ares as far as a die chip the image ins't raised I would lean towards dirt no DD either,

jazcoins joe

Comment

Jazz
      I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is not dirt. That is what I first thought also when I saw it under the USB Microscope, but when I looked at it under a 17X loupe, that put that doubt to rest.

Dave

Comment

If it is the bar on the right side of column 7 that you are referring to, it is indeed a doubled die, but a bit minor to be listed in Coppercoins.

BJ Neff
        Member of: ANA, CCC, CONECA, Fly-in-club, FUN, NLG & T.E.V.E.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Digenes View Post
          Jazz
          I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is not dirt. That is what I first thought also when I saw it under the USB Microscope, but when I looked at it under a 17X loupe, that put that doubt to rest.

Dave
          Well i guess i was looking in the wrong spot is the spot I indicated in red ?i was looking at the botom right. Well I would say it is too but like wavy said it's so minor Jazzcoins Joe
          Attached Files
          Last edited by jazzcoins; 01-14-2009, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Jazzcoins.
            Yes the spot you have outlined in red is the spot I was looking at.

Dave

Comment

Working...
            X