Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1969-D RPM's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1969-D RPM's

I am looking for photos of the known '69-D, RPM's. I have one that does not match any images I've seen, so far. CONECA has several RPM's listed, but I don't know where, or maybe how to get to the images, for comparison. My coin has the "D" very low, ( about knee level). Any help will be most appreciated.
    Dick
    Last edited by livingdinasaur; 05-05-2009, 04:23 PM. Reason: typo's

This is the only photo I have handy. I think RPM#1 The MM is fairly high on this one though.
    Attached Files

Comment

1969-D, RPM

Thank you for your reply, Steven I have the photos on hand, that are on the site. The missing ones are the ones I am after, to widen the image-base I have setup.
      Dick

Comment

Dick:
        Photos of the 1969-D RPM-001 through RPM-010 can be found in The RPM Book: Second Edition. Unfortunately it is currently out of print. Photos of the 1969-D RPM-011 can be found in The LC RPM Book Update and in Errorscope, vol. 12, no. 1.

There is a handy index to varieties listed in Errorscope on the website.

If you will post a photo of your coin, I will take a look and see if it matches any of those which are listed in the CONECA files.
        CONECA 20th Century Die Variety Attributer

Comment

1969-D, RPM

Dr. Wiles, thank you for your response! I will post the image at the end of this post.
          My desire, as I have sstated is to provide a set of images, that can be used for making overlays, to make positive iD of the coin in hand. In my case, it almost has to be by this method, for several reasons, one which everyone is aware of, my vision, and for the ease of making the ID, by the members. I would be interested in obtaining the Errorscope, Vol 12, No. 1, as well as the RPM Book, Second WEdition, and also the LC RPM Update. That way my "library" would be that much more complete.
          Here is the photo requested:

Please excuse the Verdi-gris, as this coin, and the 1969-S came in the same handfull of change a few days ago. The '69-S is almost BU.
          Dick

Comment

I don't see anything here that looks like an RPM. Just some circulation hits on the lower mintmark.
            CONECA 20th Century Die Variety Attributer

Comment

DR. wiles, thank you for the reply! I'll put that one back into circulation. I can't tell that much about it, due to my vision, (getting old, and can't see the spots of the flea on my dogs ear). Along with some MD, ( Macular Deterioration), LOL. I still am interested in photos, or images of the onees we have listed on site, with thre missing photos.
              Dick

Comment

Working...
              X