Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1960-D RPM help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1960-D RPM help!

Hi, one other question, can anyone advise as to what rpm the attached coin is? Thanks again in advance for all of the help. I am new here, and the info is a huge help! Andy
    Attached Files

Andy, welcome to the forum!
    I would suggest you include the full date, on these. It is very difficult to identify, if only a partial date is given. FYI, you might check this forum: coppercoins.com. If not a member, read the opening page, anf become a member. It is one of, if not THE biggest photo dartabase for the copper coins.
    Dick

Comment

1960 RPM

I listed it is a 1960-D. I do not understand?

Comment

Andy, I mean that the image should have the full date, rather than a small portion of the date, as your image has. In the 1960-D listings, there are so many, that it is critical that all of the date be visible, in order to make an overlay, which usually will give positive identification of the particular die which struck the coin. Hope this helps.
        When I referred you to the coppercoins.com site, it was to provide you with 160+ dies images, that you could go thru, and compare your coin with. The one that comes closest will also have "markers", which will further identify the die.
        Dick
        Last edited by livingdinasaur; 05-07-2009, 01:58 PM. Reason: additional info

Comment

Working...
        X