Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wide AM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wide AM

Is it possible to have a wide AM on a 1979-D MS60 Lincoln?

I just reviewed my copy of "Looking through Lincolns" and found the designers signature close enough to othe steps that it is nearly touching compared to the space in the business strike.
    Any advice please?

All Lincoln reverses (1959 to 1992) are wide AMs up until 1993. That is when the Lincoln cent business dies began having a closed AM, except for some of the 1998, 1999 and 2000.

BJ Neff
    Member of: ANA, CCC, CONECA, Fly-in-club, FUN, NLG & T.E.V.E.C.

Comment

Wide AM

Thanks for the prompt reply. Should I assume that period you refer to would include the Denver mint? It seems all I see in periodicals pertains only to Philadelphia.

Comment

Working...
      X