Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would this be an RPM...71S Kennedy Half

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would this be an RPM...71S Kennedy Half

I found this 71S Proof Kennedy Half Dollar that I think could have an RPM. There is only one listed in the CONECA listings, a 71S RPM-001 S/S West (Proof), ODV-003. This one I found is an ODV-002. Could this be an RPM and maybe a new listing?

Thank You,
    Larry Nienaber
    Attached Files

Your pictures would indicate that there is two separate S punches involved. As to it being listable or already listed, I cannot answer that question.

BJ Neff
    Member of: ANA, CCC, CONECA, Fly-in-club, FUN, NLG & T.E.V.E.C.

Comment

I agree with wavysteps
      No one right 100% of timesI maybe wrong and will I say, sorry I was wrong

Comment

Here's a normal 'S';
        coin 082-1.jpg
        Most fools think they are only ignorant.
        -- Benjamin Franklin

CONECA Member
        N-4556

Comment

I have to agree thee's no seperation on the MM to indicate an RPM
          Brad Grey

Comment

Larry is correct that this is an RPM. There is extremely light separation on the upper loop. However it is too minor to list.
            Thanks,
            James Wiles
            CONECA 20th Century Die Variety Attributer

Comment

Thank you all for the comments...I think this forum is a very good resource for opinions reguarding erros and varieties.

Larry Nienaber

Comment

Bump since this looks very similar to what was recently posted.
                Lee Lydston

Comment

Working...
                X