Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1960P DDO-006?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1960P DDO-006?

Just trying to figure out if this 1960P LG-DT DDO is listed or not. I am wondering if it is DDO-006 (6-O-VIII) and also if it is either EDS or VEDS - though the die state may be harder to judge from the photos provided.

Trying to deduce the class of DDO has been difficult. There's this strange CW spread on IN G (and maybe a tad on the first T in TRUST) - class VIII, in my mind might just answer it...or I am crazy...

Last edited by jcuve; 11-28-2009, 05:40 PM.
    Jason Cuvelier

CONECA
    Lead attributer

The pictures that you have posted appear to be of WDDO-009, a class V+VIII. I am unsure if this is CONECA's die # 6 since those files do not cross-reference to any other files except the F/S files. If it is in fact CONECA die # 6, then the files should be updated to include the doubling seen on the T of TRUST (actually both Ts of doubling).

BJ Neff
    Last edited by wavysteps; 11-28-2009, 09:01 AM.
    Member of: ANA, CCC, CONECA, Fly-in-club, FUN, NLG & T.E.V.E.C.

Comment

This is DDO-006, 6-O-VIII, stage A, EDS. I have updated my files to indicate the additional doubling noticed on the first T of TRUST. Very nice find!!
      Thanks,
      James Wiles
      CONECA 20th Century Die Variety Attributer

Comment

Nice find
        Brad

Comment

Thanks everyone for chiming in; and James for confirming the die #. I included two pictures of the first T in TRUST to show better what appears as an extra crossbar.

Jason Cuvelier

CONECA
          Lead attributer

Comment

Great find Jason!!!!
            No one right 100% of timesI maybe wrong and will I say, sorry I was wrong

Comment

Thanks jcuve. It gives me more things to look for.
              Most fools think they are only ignorant.
              -- Benjamin Franklin

CONECA Member
              N-4556

Comment

Thanks Jcuve. It gives me more things to look at
                JIM

Comment

wow I like that one I must search for some of theses coins
                  Tony

Comment

Great pictures also.
                    Most fools think they are only ignorant.
                    -- Benjamin Franklin

CONECA Member
                    N-4556

Comment

How do you achieve such great pictuyres jcuve?
                      Tony

Comment

Good find!

Comment

Working...
                        X