Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Congo 1888/7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congo 1888/7

I will be posting some Foreign varieties for you viewing enjoyment and hopefully some education (for me included!). Thanks for looking!

100_6426.jpg

100_6427.jpg

100_6428.jpg

100_6429.jpg

100_6430.jpg
    Last edited by Jamez; 05-06-2015, 07:07 PM.
    CONECA member

Very Nice.. Pretty evident on that overdate. Can see a little of the 8 under the second 8 as well.
    Proud Member: CONECA, TEC, HVNS, NS, ANA, WIN, WINS, MSNS

Comment

Beautiful variety and beautiful images too! I love copper coins that are problem-free chocolate brown with hits of red. You just can't beat it. Makes me wonder why anybody would want a full red coin over something like this.
      Keep 'em coming!
      Last edited by koinpro; 04-28-2015, 12:37 AM. Reason: elaboration
      Ken Potter
      CONECA Public Relations
      Member of: CONECA-HLM, ANA-LM, MSNS-HLM, NWDCC, CSNS, NLG, IASAC, Fly-In
      Visit my website: http://koinpro.tripod.com
      Visit CONECA's Website
      Unless otherwise noted, images are by Ken Potter and copyright Ken Potter 2015.

CONECA Notice: Any individual is encouraged to submit articles, opinions, or any other material beneficial to the numismatic community. Contributions should not be libelous or slanderous; ethics and good taste shall be adhered to. Opinions expressed herein do not necessarily represent the official CONECA policy or those of its officers. The act of submitting material shall constitute an expressed warranty by the contributor that the material is original; if not, source and permission must be provided.

Comment

Larger Photos

Larger Photos of the above Coin.

100_6426.jpg

100_6427.jpg

100_6428.jpg

100_6429.jpg

100_6430.jpg
        Proud Member: CONECA, TEC, HVNS, NS, ANA, WIN, WINS, MSNS

Comment

Jim,

I love seeing the larger images as you open the post!

Thanks for the changes!

Ken
          Ken Potter
          CONECA Public Relations
          Member of: CONECA-HLM, ANA-LM, MSNS-HLM, NWDCC, CSNS, NLG, IASAC, Fly-In
          Visit my website: http://koinpro.tripod.com
          Visit CONECA's Website
          Unless otherwise noted, images are by Ken Potter and copyright Ken Potter 2015.

CONECA Notice: Any individual is encouraged to submit articles, opinions, or any other material beneficial to the numismatic community. Contributions should not be libelous or slanderous; ethics and good taste shall be adhered to. Opinions expressed herein do not necessarily represent the official CONECA policy or those of its officers. The act of submitting material shall constitute an expressed warranty by the contributor that the material is original; if not, source and permission must be provided.

Comment

Working...
          X