Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Domain Name for CONECA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Domain Name for CONECA

I recently suggested to Mike Diamond that it may be time for CONECA to establish a domain name for the web, such as CONECA.org or CONECA.com. This will also streamline communications by setting up an e-mail account with appropriate address for each of the board members. This. in the long run, will be less confusing for the e-mail address will remain the same even though the board members may change.

Having said that, there is one big problem that we have run into. Neither of us, being dinosaurs on computer software applications, know where to start this process.

In other words HELP!!!!

If you know of a reliable site or have any suggestions that would help, please PM either Mike or myself, or post it under this thread.

Thanks for any help that you can give.

BJ Neff

PS - you all have a safe and enjoyable Labor Day.
    Member of: ANA, CCC, CONECA, Fly-in-club, FUN, NLG & T.E.V.E.C.

I'll be more than happy to help if I can.

I'm co-owner of a web hosting company and might be able to set up such email accounts and domain names. It would all depend on who is web master and what kind of control I would be able to get to within the settings.

If you need me to look for domain names I can do a search and get back in contact with either you or Mike.
    ---Speedy

Comment

Hi Speedy - A domain name search may be just what we need to see if this idea goes any further. At least it will tell us what is available and see if it would fit into the organizations agenda.

Thanks for your offer and if possible, I would like to have Mike in on this also, for ultimately it is his and the boards call.

BJ Neff
      Member of: ANA, CCC, CONECA, Fly-in-club, FUN, NLG & T.E.V.E.C.

Comment

We already have a domain name, don't we? It's the web address of this site. A separate, tranferrable e-mail account is another matter. We may address it at some point down the road, but I don't see it as an urgent concern.
        Mike Diamond. Error coin writer and researcher.

Comment

Yes you do have a domain name...but the question comes down to is it the best for the club.
          The market for domain names is funny and I would suggest getting different ones if and when you can. They only cost about $8-$15/year and that is pretty cheap when it gets right down to it. If you could afford to get just plan CONECA.org or .net then I would strongly suggest it.
          You don't need another site--just site those names up as re-directs to the same site.
          ---Speedy

Comment

I'm redirecting coneca.net to conecaonline.org for ya..
            Patrick
            .:~THE CENT~:.

Comment

Working...
            X