Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1897 O does anyone know about this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1897 O does anyone know about this?

I have an 1897 O Morgan I can't seem to find in van world with this condition. I know it is at least a van 1 (tilted O to the right) but can't find this. I hope you can see and explain?
    If you look at the B in pluribus the bottom leg is tripled. I (since being new at this and being a member of CONECA) don't understand how just one or 2 items can be affected and nothing else. Is this a post strike? Thank you in advance. Sincerely David
    Attached Files

Are there any other markers on the coin? Doubling on the date? Can you post a pic of the whole coin and closeup of the MM..
    Proud Member: CONECA, TEC, HVNS, NS, ANA, WIN, WINS, MSNS

Comment

Here are some more pictures of the 1897 O. The is doubling on the top of the down leg of the N on the top. As far as any other markers, being new to errors I'm not sure if there are markers or if they are scratches. Not that it matters but I'm not into this for the money but for the education of coins and errors. In other words I'm not looking to make a check off of it. Just learn. Thanks for your help. David
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X