Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This 1957 Lincoln has odd strike on liberty Is it of any value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This 1957 Lincoln has odd strike on liberty Is it of any value

Came across this 1957 Lincoln. Odd strike on Liberty. Ideas of the value and what exactly it is?
    Attached Files

It's called BIE error ( Die Break ) .
    http://lincolncentresource.com/FAQ/BIE.html

Comment

In the 1969 edition of "THE CLASSIFICATION AND VALUE OF ERRORS ON THE LINCOLN CENT" by Jean Cohen she has 98 1957 Cents listed in the BIE Class.

The Hardy Index for this LINCOLN Die Break "Die Chip" is 57P-FL. The "BIE Handbook" Edited by Howard O Hardy 1972 has 44 listings for this Index with a total of 193 1957 Indexed.

It's looks close to the LDB4-1957-005 listed on Cuds-on-Coins.

Do you see any markers to help us match it to one of the listings?

JC

Comment

Thank you. It seems to be a classic BIE error. What threw me off some was the heavy doubling of the "I".
        I will; try to get info on what markers to look for per your sources.

Comment

Thank you. I think you nailed it!

Comment

Working...
          X