Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1986 Lincoln doubling help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1986 Lincoln doubling help please

I am not sure which one my coin fits into:
    DDO-001 or DDO-002. I researched both and this one does not seam to fit either category. What am I missing. This one does not have any die scratches on the obverse or reverse. Maybe this one is an early state?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Files

I can't say. I'm by no means an expert.

What I can say is this: I always come in by the "new posts" link. I've not seen this thread before yet it is old. This is a fairly new forum and bugs are still being worked out. It may be that no one has seen it yet due to unexpected effects of the software in use. Don't become discouraged by the lack of attention paid to your post. If nobody responds to it, try reposting in the non-Image Gallery sections. That seems to be the only areas that show up in New Posts.

Comment

It looks like a doubled die to me. The letters show characteristic furrowing along with split serifs.
      Mike Diamond. Error coin writer and researcher.

Comment

Ah-ha, one that did slip by. Okay, it is a DDO I believe by your pictures. It does have the characteristics with the notching and division lines showing, however, it may have been to minor to list in the CONECA files.

I just went over and checked the Coppercoin's files and they have five listed. I would advise you to take a look at their pictures and see if any match the coin that you have.

BJ Neff
        Member of: ANA, CCC, CONECA, Fly-in-club, FUN, NLG & T.E.V.E.C.

Comment

There is no doubt that this coin is a doubled die. It's a fairly nice one at that!

Have Fun,
          Bill

Comment

Nice find!

Comment

Working...
            X