Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Toy Some May Be Interested In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Toy Some May Be Interested In

Pick up one of the new Dino - Lites, 411T. I have only used it for a couple of hours so far, but below are a few pictures I took with it.

I recieved my 411T in today's mail, played around for a couple of hours tonight with it, using an OTT-LITE.

1967 raw Kennedy

1965 SMS NGC MS67

1967 SMS MS68CAM

Looks like it takes some nice pictures.

BJ Neff
    Member of: ANA, CCC, CONECA, Fly-in-club, FUN, NLG & T.E.V.E.C.

Comment

Not too bad. I looked up some info on that device and have a few questions.

1) How do you focus? Is it a manual focus or is it done through the software?

2) Where you photos above taken with the camera fixed - or was it hand-held? Did you get one of the available stands?

3) Did you use any external light for your photos, or is the lighting coming from the device?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by russellhome View Post
        Not too bad. I looked up some info on that device and have a few questions.

1) How do you focus? Is it a manual focus or is it done through the software?

2) Where you photos above taken with the camera fixed - or was it hand-held? Did you get one of the available stands?

3) Did you use any external light for your photos, or is the lighting coming from the device?

Thanks.
        Hi,

The focus is manual on the device, I wish it could be done from the software (if it can, I haven't figured it out yet).

The camera came with the "goose neck" stand (it has a lot of bounce I will try to hook the camera to a copy stand for a more secure setup). The pictures that were posted were taken with the "goose neck" stand.

I turned off the LED lights built into the camera and used a portable OTT-LITE to take the pictures. I think the OTT-LITE gives a more realistic picture of what the coin looks like.

Tim

Comment

My apologise, but what is a 411T and an OTT- Lite, please reply thank you

Comment

Originally posted by hamilton View Post
            My apologise, but what is a 411T and an OTT- Lite, please reply thank you
            Hi,

The 411T is the model number of the Dino-Lite (handheld) Digital Microscope.
            http://www.absolute-data-services.co...ite_am411t.htm

The OTT-Lite is the brand name of a light that gives off what they call "true color light".
            http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.j...&source=search

Comment

One more picture. The 1967 raw coin photo below, the hair under the R in LIBERTY shot through an "Air-Tite" using the LED lights that are built into the camera.

Comment

Working...
              X