Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2002-P LMC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002-P LMC

This 2002 has a die clash under the ear and an extra beard like the 2000.
    Attached Files

I see where you are talking about. It is kind of a neat die clash.

BJ Neff
    Member of: ANA, CCC, CONECA, Fly-in-club, FUN, NLG & T.E.V.E.C.

Comment

There is no doubt about this one being a misaligned die clash. Ever since the 2000P clash came to light, I have made it a point to look for this anaomaly on all modern Lincoln cents. So far, the only dates I have found them (misaligned clashes) on was 1993P (a very strong 0ne), 2000P (many diferent ones) and the 2002P (yours makes the 3rd different one for the date). One point to make is that almost every year since the early 90's has some clashes in this area. If you look hard enough, and with ample magnification, you can find more that have what we referred to as the 'extra beard remnants'. However, not all of them are misaligned die clashes.
      Bob Piazza
      Lincoln Cent Attributer

Comment

1993-P Die clash

After reading Bobs reply I looked at other die clashes that I have and found this 1993-P that has the same clash that the 2002 has, an extra beard and the clash under the ear. The clash on the 1993 is a little lower then the 2002 and not as strong. It looks like its the 1993 Bob was talking about.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by 931louis; 07-03-2008, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Here is the 1993 Clash I was talking about. As you can see, it is very stong...maybe one of the strongest found to date. I don't think it's the same as yours, but yours is definitely a nice one.
          93madclash1.jpg
          Bob Piazza
          Lincoln Cent Attributer

Comment

Working...
          X