Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota quarter # Eighty-next number ??? maybe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota quarter # Eighty-next number ??? maybe

Please check out these pictures of a Minnesota Quarter, focus on the last tree on the right. What do you think is it possibly the next number??
    Attached Files

It's most likely machine doubling, but the images are too blurred to be sure.
    Mike Diamond. Error coin writer and researcher.

Comment

I would tend to agree with Mike on this, however, further analysis of this coin would not hurt. The one draw back that I see is that the Minnesota quarters have been heavily searched, especially the reverse; Why is this doubling just showing up now?

BJ Neff
      Member of: ANA, CCC, CONECA, Fly-in-club, FUN, NLG & T.E.V.E.C.

Comment

There are well over 100 doubled die reverse Minnesota State Quarters. If this is a DDR, it might already be identified. I believe John Wexler has the most complete listings of these.
        Bob Piazza
        Lincoln Cent Attributer

Comment

Is it or isn't it (photo Please)

Additional pictures as requested. I'm having a very hard time taking these getting enough light without blurring the detail. Well here they are.

Tuebits
          Attached Files

Comment

I believe this one to be mechanical doubling. What also makes it less likely to be a doubled die is the fact that all of the known doubled dies for this State Quarter are near the center of the die, not toward the edge. The hubbing process used pretty much guarantees this with few exceptions.
            Bob Piazza
            Lincoln Cent Attributer

Comment

hi

just my two centsbump

Comment

Working...
              X