Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Die Varieties / ANA Summer Seminar / Second Try

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Die Varieties / ANA Summer Seminar / Second Try

Ultimate Die Varieties: Learning to Attribute Lincoln Cents is the newest varities class to be offerred at the ANA Summer Seminar this June 27 through July 3, 2009 in beautiful Colorado Springs, CO.

This is a brand new class designed to develop future attributers by giving them access to the most respected researchers in the field and teaching them the techniques used to attribute all types of die varieties. The first year will focus on Lincoln Cents, but following years will rotate through the various denominations. So join us now to get in on the beginning and join us later for your specific series!

Learn how to attribute Lincoln Cent die varieties for yourself, by using the published materials and attribution techniques of two of the most renowned researchers in the series. The course covers the four major types of 20th century U.S. die varieties: design changes, mintmark styles, doubled dies, and repunched mintmarks. Discussions of each area include an explanation of origin, major identifying features, cataloging systems, and rarities for the “cherrypicker.” Two days of hands-on research make this course the ultimate die-variety learning experience!

Instructors: James Wiles, author of The Modern Minting Process and U.S. Minting Errors and Varieties: An ANA Correspondence Course; and Charles Daughtrey, author of Looking through Lincoln Cents: Chronology of a Series.

Contact the ANA at www.money.org to registar. Do it soon, before the class fills up!

We need 5-7 students for the class to make. Last year we had 3. So please sign up early and lets get this class off the ground.
    CONECA 20th Century Die Variety Attributer

I would love to take this course some time, but CO is just to far for me to travel. Do you know if they will ever offer this type of course some where on the East Coast? If they did, I would absolutely attend.

Dave

Comment

Digenes, if it helps I just checked the cost of a round trip flight from BWI and it is $230. I'm thinking about going. If you have never been to a summer seminar then you need to experience it. It's one of the ultimate numismatic experiences.

Comment

Mr. Wiles,

Would you mind if I posted a copy of your thread at the Lincoln Cent Resource to spread the word about the class?

Thank You,
        Lestrrr

Comment

Please post this wherever you think EV collectors may gather. We need to get the word out to as many collectors as possible.
          CONECA 20th Century Die Variety Attributer

Comment

Working...
          X