Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2004D LMC Strong DDR (EXTRA TILTED COLUMN #10???)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004D LMC Strong DDR (EXTRA TILTED COLUMN #10???)

Hi again,

Can this be an unusual Class 8 Tilted Colum #10 DD?

Thanks,
    NVTE
    Attached Files

That looks like post mint damage where that portion of the column was sheared away. The extra metal can probably be removed relatively easily.
    Bob Piazza
    Lincoln Cent Attributer

Comment

Thanks again, Bob.

Will include this for attribution. NVTE

Comment

I don't know why you would include it for attribution. It is a damaged coin.
        Bob Piazza
        Lincoln Cent Attributer

Comment

Originally posted by mustbebob View Post
          I don't know why you would include it for attribution. It is a damaged coin.
          Bob,
          Apologize for this late response. Physically looking at the coin, it looks like a legit replicated image. But just can't get better resolution. Have tried another shot which I attached. This is the reason why I planned to include.

Thanks, NVTE
          Attached Files

Comment

I didn't have a problem seeing it on your first images. I don't understand how you could see a replicated image with something that is so obviously damage. I apprecaite the exta pics, and I think I would be stating the obvious by saying look at the anomaly, then look at the area where it came from. There is nothing more than pushed or sheared metal, with the void left from where the anomaly came from.
            Bob Piazza
            Lincoln Cent Attributer

Comment

Working...
            X