Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A 2000 dime with multiple errors on it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A 2000 dime with multiple errors on it

I found this coin in my purse the other day and I have know idea what it is what kind of mint error it is

The obverse has marks on the surface and the rim looks funny
    I showed the reverse has marks also i showed in red arrows

I want to know what errors these are and how much the coin could be worth with multiple errors

Thank you Tony
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dudeRock; 12-01-2009, 11:43 AM.

The obverse has clash marks and the reverse is a die break/crack.
    Most fools think they are only ignorant.
    -- Benjamin Franklin

CONECA Member
    N-4556

Comment

I agree with the Rockdude on all counts
      JIM coolcoinzdealership

Comment

I don't see any clash marks at all they look like damage or something to that nature and the reverse is a die crack,
        Brad sorry i posted twice i apologixe humans

Comment

I don't see any clash marks at all they look like damage or something to that nature and the reverse is a die crack,The rim is a musaligned die but not that dramatic to bring any premium.
          Brad

Comment

Thank you all for your opinions especially Rockdude for hitting it on the head about my coin
            Love to all Tony

Comment

The obverse shows clash marks and a few small bumps that probably represent die erosion pits. There may be a few spots of post-strike damage. The reverse shows a die crack. Value would be perhaps a dollar.
              Mike Diamond. Error coin writer and researcher.

Comment

dudeRock, I just found the coin you're showing us. The reverse is a 1983P and the obverse is a 2000P. What kind of games you playing boy. Not nice to try and fool us. You've been warned of this before. Not to bright.
                http://coinedformoney.blogspot.com/2...k-on-dime.html
                http://coinedformoney.blogspot.com/search/label/Dime
                Last edited by rockdude; 12-01-2009, 11:20 PM. Reason: add content
                -- Benjamin Franklin

CONECA Member
                N-4556

Comment

WOW - I find this interesting. Coin artist, coins are us, coolcoins, Diketer, dudeRock and Rockdude all must know each other since they all live in the same place!!!!!

BJ Neff
                  Member of: ANA, CCC, CONECA, Fly-in-club, FUN, NLG & T.E.V.E.C.

Comment

You can leave rockdude out of the little multi-angle. I can assure you I don't want to be associated with that group.
                    -- Benjamin Franklin

CONECA Member
                    N-4556

Comment

Originally posted by wavysteps View Post
                      WOW - I find this interesting. Coin artist, coins are us, coolcoins, Diketer, dudeRock and Rockdude all must know each other since they all live in the same place!!!!!

BJ Neff
                      Yes I have three sons that are interested in coins and they have there own seperate accounts on your site and computers.

I just want to clear that up BJ
                      Last edited by dudeRock; 12-02-2009, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rockdude View Post
                        You can leave rockdude out of the little multi-angle. I can assure you I don't want to be associated with that group.
                        You are so wrong Rockdude and i have know idea were you get your information from the coin i have is mine.
                        You need to do some research on coins rockdude don't you know that there are coins that are simular in there nature in circulation study more

So your assumptions are wrong
                        i guess you must have alot of time on your hand .
                        Tony your close friend
                        Last edited by dudeRock; 12-02-2009, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dudeRock View Post
                          You are so wrong Rockdude and i have know idea were you get your information from the coin i have is mine.
                          You need to do some research on coins rockdude don't you know that there are coins that are simular in there nature in circulation study more

So your assumptions are wrong
                          i guess you must have alot of time on your hand .
                          Tony your close friend
                          You are right, there are coins that are similar. But these are a exact match. And I do have time to search answers. I was searching info on another coin and saw the coin that you stole. Don't know why anyone would do that.
                          -- Benjamin Franklin

CONECA Member
                          N-4556

Comment

Originally posted by dudeRock View Post
                            Yes I have three sons that are interested in coins and they have there own seperate accounts on your site and computers.

I just want to clear that up BJ
                            This is not a credible explanation. You all share the same atrocious grammar and spelling and all fail to use capital letters. Conclusion -- you are the same individual. I will be deleting all your accounts. Sock puppets are not allowed on this website.
                            Mike Diamond. Error coin writer and researcher.

Comment

Originally posted by rockdude View Post
                              You are right, there are coins that are similar. But these are a exact match. And I do have time to search answers. I was searching info on another coin and saw the coin that you stole. Don't know why anyone would do that.
                              Well for a person to say something like that you have stole precious works of art from somebody i know
                              Tony

Comment

Working...
                              X