Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1941 DDO Mercury Dime.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1941 DDO Mercury Dime.

I'm closing in on the last few I need for my set. Below is an image of my 1941 DDO which I picked up at a show in Milwaukee.

I still need these. If you have any of these for sale please email me at customerservice@arsave.com

1935-S RPM FS-501 (10c-010.5) Coneca RPM 2 (page 60 Vol II, top of page)
    1941-S DDR FS-801 Coneca 1-R-II (page 67, bottom of page)
    1945-D over Horizontal D FS-506 Coneca RPM 6 (page 72, bottom of page)

I have this one, but would like a better one. I started a thread on the 1936/29 but nobody is able to help I guess.

1936-S Possible over date 1936/29-S FS-110 (page 61 Vol II)

CONECA Member# N-4679
    President of the Racine Numismatic Society
    www.arsave.com/variety_resource_dimes

Nice pickup!! There are several "iffy" pieces in the CPG and this is one of them. I doubt the attribution will stand up to scrutiny. I have never seen the coin.
    Thanks,
    James Wiles
    CONECA 20th Century Die Variety Attributer

Comment

Thanks, James, I think you refer to the 41 as nice pick up and the "iffy" must be for the 36/29.

I have probably lookes at somewhere in the range of 1000 1936 dimes in every grade and this was the only one of the dimes with the extra features. I had wondered if this my actually be a die clash, but I don't have a method to overlay the obverse and reverse. In any case I am looking forward to getting these two into my registry set.
      Last edited by fcloud; 04-12-2010, 08:41 PM.
      CONECA Member# N-4679
      President of the Racine Numismatic Society
      www.arsave.com/variety_resource_dimes

Comment

Working...
      X