Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first nickel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first nickel

I received this beautiful part of CONECA Nickel, and thank you very much, but my obsession is the Pennies, I feel compelled to seek this Nikel other values apart from Pennies, but not if I can put down a little from the pennies.
    Ideas and suggestions are welcome. What do you think this Nickel?

As the inelegant scrawl on the holder states, the nickel was struck on a blank (it did not go through the upset mill), and this extra width contributed to the coin not settling completely into the collar. After emerging from the coinage press, it was slightly damaged.
    Mike Diamond. Error coin writer and researcher.

Comment

Nickel is my first error, the collection of nickels "normal" is apart ....

Comment

Working...
      X