Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ICG encapsulates Trails and MAD DCs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICG encapsulates Trails and MAD DCs

After a long uphill battle, ICG is the first TPG to encapsulate trail dies (which includes wavy steps as well). ICG will be using the number system found on traildies.com. On top of that, ICG will also encapsulate die clashes with the numbering system found on MADdieclashes.com. So, that unusual die clash will not be listed as only a die clash any more, but will have any one of the new numbers established for the different categories now seen on MADdieclashes.com.

Below are three pictures of the encapsulations that were sent in to ICG concerning trail dies. Billy Crawford had three die clashes that were also encapsulated by ICG using the new numbering system. However, since these are Billy's coins, I will let him do that write up.

I do wish to sincerely thank ICG, especially Randy Campbell for giving these two error / variety types this big chance, it does mean a lot to all of us who have worked to accomplish this important goal.

If you have any questions concerning possible encapsulation of either a die clash or a trail die, please let me know. Thanks.

BJ Neff
    Attached Files
    Member of: ANA, CCC, CONECA, Fly-in-club, FUN, NLG & T.E.V.E.C.

This is excellent news, BJ, but shouldn't ICG note somwhere that these are trail dies? Only those familiar with your website would know what "DER" means.
    Mike Diamond. Error coin writer and researcher.

Comment

I wish that there was room on the label for "trail dies", but ICG as other TPGs like to keep the amount of numbers and letters to a minimum on the label. We will have to trust that DER and DEO will in the future become as well known as DDR and DDO.

We also face that same problem with the die clashes as well. With MDC, FDC and ADC followed by a number, we may run into the same problem of the average collector not being aware of what those numbers stand for. Once again, we must trust in the future that people will start to recognize these acronyms.

BJ Neff

Comment

It seems to be a silly and counterproductive policy on the part of ICG. There is a huge amount of empty space on those labels. Perhaps you can talk sense into them the next time you see them.
        Mike Diamond. Error coin writer and researcher.

Comment

I'll try and see what I can do.

BJ

Comment

Originally posted by diamond View Post
            It seems to be a silly and counterproductive policy on the part of ICG. There is a huge amount of empty space on those labels. Perhaps you can talk sense into them the next time you see them.
            I agree, I see alot of room for the words Trail Die..But I really dnt see the use in encapsulating.Only 3% of coin collectors know about trail dies and wavy steps.I have been spreading the word myself,but it seem most collectors aren't concern with the new variety.
            Still the best "Nickel Trail Die Hunter". 2013 ((MIKEE)) T.Davis

Comment

Working...
            X