Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CAN YOU FIGURE OUT THIS COIN ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for Rockdude

Ok Rockdude here's the photos you said you would love to see. notice on the Nebraska coin that one of the photos shows what the die chip looked like on the die when it first started out then the other Nebraska coin shows the chip getting bigger.I have some here with bigger chips but this is the largest one I could find right away. I was wrong about the president on the dollar coin that has the die chip , it is the John Adam dollars that I have.
    Attached Files

Comment

Personally I doubt the two (the ship and strike through) are related. It would really take something convincing to prove such a scenario. I am sure it had to have happened at some point - keep up the hunt!
      Jason Cuvelier

CONECA
      Lead attributer

Comment

Jason which coin are you talking about ? I have one in post #1 and a different one in post #16 . The one in post #1 I already said that what I thought had had happened to the coin would be probably about impossible to prove . about the coin photos in the #16 post in one photo I was just showing rockdude what a die chip looked like when the die first starts to lose a chip out of it.In the second photo I was showing what a die chip coin looks like after the chip falls completely off the coin die. I'm really not sure if the Nebraska coins came from the same die or not because rockdude wanted to see some photos and I went and grabbed some coins out of a box and imaged them for him . I hope I'm not bothering anyone on this forum too much. If I get on anyone's nerves just kick my butt off here.
        Last edited by rascal; 03-02-2011, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rascal View Post
          Rockdude that Franklin quote you keep using is a bad quote even if Franklin did say it. A fool does not have enough sense to know they are ignorant and a fool always thinks they are right and there is no use in trying to teach them that they are wrong.

I don't like to be around someone like a fool , even knowing they have no mind at all does not help the matter.

I see this type all the time , they will have a coin that has been run over by coal trucks and still they will swear that they have the most awesome error coin in the world. Back along time ago I would waste my time trying to help them but I have learned there is no help for a fool. Like the old saying goes a fool and his money are soon parted.
          You are going to have to take that up with Franklin! He was talking about 'most fools'.
          Most fools think they are only ignorant.
          -- Benjamin Franklin

CONECA Member
          N-4556

Comment

Originally posted by rascal View Post
            Jason which coin are you talking about ? I have one in post #1 and a different one in post #16 . The one in post #1 I already said that what I thought had had happened to the coin would be probably about impossible to prove . about the coin photos in the #16 post in one photo I was just showing rockdude what a die chip looked like when the die first starts to lose a chip out of it.In the second photo I was showing what a die chip coin looks like after the chip falls completely off the coin die. I'm really not sure if the Nebraska coins came from the same die or not because rockdude wanted to see some photos and I went and grabbed some coins out of a box and imaged them for him . I hope I'm not bothering anyone on this forum too much. If I get on anyone's nerves just kick my butt off here.
            I was just discussing post #1...I should have clarified...
            Jason Cuvelier

CONECA
            Lead attributer

Comment

Working...
            X