Thread: 2011 cent strike through?

1. Default 2011 cent strike through?

Hello to everyone, first post here. Here is a 2011 cent I have come across that has a indent in front of abe's mouth. Please help with some further info on this type of error. I am new to coin collecting and am slowly building my collection, I seem to have a eye for the unusual. If I can send it out for further inspection, please let me know. Thank you for your time and assistance with this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

From here it looks like impact damage. I seem to detect a pressure ridge around the depression, which would confirm my assessment.
    Mike Diamond. Error coin writer and researcher.

3. Default Die trash?

Thank you for the info on these. I was trying to figure out if there would be a premium on these for the impact area. I have a some that range from size and depth of the area in front of mouth. I still have more boxes to sort through, so there may be more or just the ones I have. Thank you for your time and assistance with this.

Impact damage is worth nothing since it occurs after the strike. It's possible the imperfection is a small "struck through" error (struck through a piece of debris). Its value would be negligible, 25 cents at most.
    Mike Diamond. Error coin writer and researcher.

5. Default

Thank you for the info on this, I have been putting them aside for possibly selling them in the future. I have come across approx. 100+ so far. Also about 200 so far with a die crack at the bottom left of the shield that forms a Y. Thank you for your time and assistance with this.

coinfello Guest

No significant value like Mr diamond said

Welcome Coinflipper
    Most fools think they are only ignorant.
    -- Benjamin Franklin

CONECA Member
    N-4556