Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 cent strike through?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 cent strike through?

Hello to everyone, first post here. Here is a 2011 cent I have come across that has a indent in front of abe's mouth. Please help with some further info on this type of error. I am new to coin collecting and am slowly building my collection, I seem to have a eye for the unusual. If I can send it out for further inspection, please let me know. Thank you for your time and assistance with this.
    Attached Files

From here it looks like impact damage. I seem to detect a pressure ridge around the depression, which would confirm my assessment.
    Mike Diamond. Error coin writer and researcher.

Comment

Die trash?

Thank you for the info on these. I was trying to figure out if there would be a premium on these for the impact area. I have a some that range from size and depth of the area in front of mouth. I still have more boxes to sort through, so there may be more or just the ones I have. Thank you for your time and assistance with this.

Comment

Impact damage is worth nothing since it occurs after the strike. It's possible the imperfection is a small "struck through" error (struck through a piece of debris). Its value would be negligible, 25 cents at most.
        Mike Diamond. Error coin writer and researcher.

Comment

Thank you for the info on this, I have been putting them aside for possibly selling them in the future. I have come across approx. 100+ so far. Also about 200 so far with a die crack at the bottom left of the shield that forms a Y. Thank you for your time and assistance with this.

Comment

No significant value like Mr diamond said

Comment

Welcome Coinflipper
              Most fools think they are only ignorant.
              -- Benjamin Franklin

CONECA Member
              N-4556

Comment

Working...
              X