Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2005P extra trees rev

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005P extra trees rev

Here one from 2005 .what do ya think!!
    Attached Files
    No one right 100% of timesI maybe wrong and will I say, sorry I was wrong

Please provide a photograph of a normal comparison specimen blown up to the same scale and draw an arrow toward what you think is an extra tree limb.
    Mike Diamond. Error coin writer and researcher.

Comment

Ok Mike I will get a few shot done when I get home and post them in the am tomorrow

Comment

Mike here they are but I forgot about the image on the cheek so I added that. but the 3/4 roll all look like there Satin finished.

Comment

You still haven't provided side-by-side images of your suspected doubled die and a normal comparison specimen. You have also not drawn arrows to the suspected doubled die.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond View Post
            You still haven't provided side-by-side images of your suspected doubled die and a normal comparison specimen. You have also not drawn arrows to the suspected doubled die.
            Re do tomorrow am!

Comment

Mike my camera won't do a side by side view but here the mint set coin with out any Doubled trees

Comment

I see no difference, but again, you failed to pinpoint the area that you think is doubled.

Comment

I see no difference, but again, you failed to pinpoint the area that you think is doubled.
                  @I forgot you wanted arrows.

Attached Files

Comment

It's impossible for me to determine if this is doubling or just the way light is reflecting off the branches. Some of your photos of the same coin show apparent doubling while others do not. If there is doubling, it may be a doubled die, but it's too subtle to be of any interest. There are some whopper doubled dies from the Ocean In View issue, many on mint set nickels.

Comment

It's impossible for me to determine if this is doubling or just the way light is reflecting off the branches. Some of your photos of the same coin show apparent doubling while others do not. If there is doubling, it may be a doubled die, but it's too subtle to be of any interest. There are some whopper doubled dies from the Ocean In View issue, many on mint set nickels.
                      I got 2 Bu Bank roll 1/2 look to have the same rev.most also look to have satin finish too.if you want one Mike I can mail you one. just e-mail me an address.

Comment

Thanks for the offer, but minor doubled dies are not my cup of tea. Some of our resident variety experts might be more receptive to both your claim and your offer. Good luck. -- Mike

Comment

Thanks for the offer, but minor doubled dies are not my cup of tea. Some of our resident variety experts might be more receptive to both your claim and your offer. Good luck. -- Mike
                          Ok Mike!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X