Welcome!

CONECA (pronounced: CŌ´NECA) is a national numismatic organization devoted to the education of error and variety coin collectors. CONECA focuses on many error and variety specialties, including doubled dies, Repunched mintmarks, multiple errors, clips, double strikes, off-metals and off-centers—just to name a few. In addition to its website, CONECA publishes an educational journal, The Errorscope, which is printed and mailed to members bimonthly. CONECA offers a lending library, examination, listing and attribution services; it holds annual meetings at major conventions (referred to as Errorama) around the country.

CONECA was formed through a merger of CONE and NECA in early 1983. To learn more about the fascinating HISTORY OF THE ERROR HOBBY and THE HISTORY OF CONECA, we encourage you to visit us our main site Here

If you're not a member and would like to join see our Membership Application

We thank everybody who has helped make CONECA the great success that it is today!

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CONECA Forum

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CONECA Forum

As most have seen Mr. Diamond and Mr. Neff both have stepped down as Administrators here at the forum..

The forum will continue as it has in the past and the Board will decide who will take over the reigns at their annual meeting in Aug.

Until that time I will be watching the post, and directing questions to the appropriate person for an answer if its something that is not answered here first.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
    Proud Member: CONECA, TEC, HVNS, NS, ANA, WIN, WINS, MSNS

Just to let everyone know, I am back. I couldn't bear to see this site go to ruin. Mike and I spent too much time fostering it along to let it go.

BJ Neff
    Member of: ANA, CCC, CONECA, Fly-in-club, FUN, NLG & T.E.V.E.C.

Comment

BJ, Glad to see someone stepped in to save this forum.. It was really starting to look bad!!

Mikee
      Still the best "Nickel Trail Die Hunter". 2013 ((MIKEE)) T.Davis

Comment

new guy now no longer wondering

Thanks for the heads up on the current affairs. I was wondering if anyone was out there. If anyone knows how to get the most out of our sites resources please share. I am at the stage that I have a few hundred coins all denominations and am trying to learn to put them in their categories.
        And if anyone wants to mentor a ole man I know one who is available Smile

Comment

Knowledge through Education

Originally posted by wavysteps View Post
          Just to let everyone know, I am back. I couldn't bear to see this site go to ruin. Mike and I spent too much time fostering it along to let it go.

BJ Neff
          Im just trying to figure out what the benefit is to joining coneca? The MOTO is Knowledge through Education but yet NO ONE cares? I have been told if I want answers go to coin talk, myself and others cant seem to get anyone to share any education so we new people can get some knowledge? So it makes me wonder how we got our motto? People that have questions posted with 1000's of views and no replies? I am a person that likes to learn and help others but if we cant get the help we paid for then what is going on? I even sent an email to Mark Lighterman (this morning and Im sure people are busy) but haven't heard from anyone about my post.

Comment

Originally posted by animater9 View Post
            Im just trying to figure out what the benefit is to joining coneca? The MOTO is Knowledge through Education but yet NO ONE cares? I have been told if I want answers go to coin talk, myself and others cant seem to get anyone to share any education so we new people can get some knowledge? So it makes me wonder how we got our motto? People that have questions posted with 1000's of views and no replies? I am a person that likes to learn and help others but if we cant get the help we paid for then what is going on? I even sent an email to Mark Lighterman (this morning and Im sure people are busy) but haven't heard from anyone about my post.

Why do you say no one cares? Yes you can get answers at coin talk.. but keep in mind there are alot of people there who dont have a clue what they are talking about. Not saying they all don't but I have seen alot of mis information on that site. Yes it is a busy site and there are alot of answers to any question. This forum is not as fast paced but the information you get here will be given by people who know what they are talking about. If somebody does provide mis-information they will be corrected here. If you have email Mark Lighterman or any other person for that matter, keep in mind that people work for a living and Coins for most are a hobby. I know as an admin here folks think that I sit in front of my computer waiting for somebody to email me asking for their registration to be ok'ed.

Now you ask why would you join CONECA. For one, we have a great magazine that is put out 6 times a year with alot of great articles and information in it. We (CONECA) also have attributors for varieties and errors that members get a discount to. We also setup at alot of shows all over the United States with members who have stepped up for the newly revived State Representative program.

There are other things in the works that I can't discuss at this time but some nice changes coming.

If you post something here, be patient. BJ, Mike Diamond and others stop in here when time permits and answer most questions. If you see thousands of views on a post but no response, that means zilch, keep in mind that robots scour the internet for information and yes they scour information from EVERY forum.

Jim Motley (Forum Administrator and Membership Chairman)
            CONECA
            Proud Member: CONECA, TEC, HVNS, NS, ANA, WIN, WINS, MSNS

Comment

Jim motley if you have time could you please go to general forum and read my question posted under our moto called knowledge through education? It might answer the question you answered here. Please.
              I'm not trying to make waves or cause problems but, well if you could get a chance to read my post you will see what the problem is. I'm not someone that comes on here for free I paid for my membership, and there are others that are probably wondering the same thing. Thank you for your time

Comment

Working...
              X